Fatima S. Shousher Educational Award
The Fatima S. Shousher Educational Award was created in 2014 by the Shousher family to honor Fatima Shousher, educator, advocate and role model for area students who are visually impaired.
Born with a vision impairment and diagnosed with Retinitis Pigmentosa (RP) as a teenager, Fatima has never allowed her vision loss to deter her from achieving her goals in life. In 1989, Ms. Shousher began her career with Toledo Public Schools where she has served as primary educator, resource instructor, advocate and role model.
Most of her career has been spent at Rogers High School where she focused on the academic needs of students with severe vision impairments.
The annual $500 award recognizes an outstanding college student who is blind or visually impaired.
- Be between 18 and 30 years old
- Have a vision impairment with best corrected vision of 20/70 in the better eye
- Be a resident of Northwest Ohio
- Have a minimum grade point average of 2.5
- Be enrolled in a higher education institution
Application Deadline: November 15, 2020
Questions? Call 419-720-3937 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.