Giving Tuesday – November 28, 2023
Support The Sight Center on Giving Tuesday, a national movement that kicks off the giving season. This global day dedicated to giving back occurs on the Tuesday following Thanksgiving, Black Friday, and Cyber Monday. You can donate here or by calling us at 419-720-3937.
How Your Gift Helps
The Sight Center of Northwest Ohio offers a unique blend of programs and services that can help people of all ages work, learn, play, and live independently with permanent vision loss. From the Low Vision Clinic to high tech assistive devices, daily living adaptations, home safety enhancements, white cane training and caregiver support, The Sight Center is changing lives every day!
Your Giving Tuesday donation will help The Sight Center provide individualized services for people who fall through the cracks, including:
- Children who need services beyond what the school district is required to provide.
- Veterans whose vision loss is not severe enough to qualify for VA low vision services.
- Older adults on a fixed income who need assistance to purchase a useful low vision device.
- Working age adults who leave the workforce to adjust to the new reality of their vision loss.
Other Mission-Critical Activities
Your gift also helps us perform many other mission-critical functions, including:
- Investing in equipment, services and supplies that keep clients, staff and guests healthy and safe
- Establishing and maintaining satellite clinics to serve clients closer to home
- Collaborating with community partners for system-wide solutions
- Maintaining an accessible website and informative social media presence
- Building local coalitions of people living with vision loss
- Maintaining recognized standards of excellence through staff development and an ongoing commitment to national accreditation
- Increasing community awareness of relevant issues and services through publications, group presentations and media relations
- Providing continuing education opportunities to eyecare professionals
- Hosting support groups and organizing experiential activities
- Advocating at state and local levels on behalf of people who live with vision loss
- Recruiting, training and managing volunteers to expand our organizational capacity
Questions? Contact email@example.com.
To learn more about Giving Tuesday, please visit their website.