VisionRefer for Eye Doctors
Referral of patients with low vision for vision rehabilitation is the standard of care promoted by the American Academy of Ophthalmology. (Learn more)
VisionRefer, provided by VisionServe Alliance, is an online, HIPAA compliant patient referral system to facilitate and encourage eyecare professionals to refer patients to accredited vision rehabilitation specialists like The Sight Center of Northwest Ohio.
How VisionRefer Works
A doctor’s office or other referring source enters a patient’s basic contact information, including name, address, phone number, email, and birthday, as well as any other pertinent documentation into the web-based referral form. Referrals are sent through VisionRefer’s HIPAA compliant secure system and are assigned to the closest vision rehabilitation specialist to the patient’s home address. A member rehabilitation agency contacts the patient within three business days to discuss their individual needs and what services they can provide to improve living with low vision. Patients learn about resources available in their area, consult vision specialists on daily activities, and receive support from within their own community.
Why Refer with VisionRefer
- VisionRefer is completely free.
- It’s easy to use. Instead of filling out yet another lengthy form, simply input a patient’s basic information and upload an eye report. Click submit and you’re done.
- You can track your patient’s status and progress. Patients remain in your care. You can see the progress your patients have made through organization notes and status updates.
- It’s an enhanced level of patient care. Referring your patients ensures that they get access to tools and techniques beyond their medical care that will assist living with low vision.
- The system is HIPAA Compliant and secure. VisionRefer creates a safe way to send patient information to an accredited provider like The Sight Center without worrying about busy fax lines or security concerns.