NOTICE: During the COVID-19 pandemic, The Low Vision Coalition of Allen County will meet in Zoom on the first Tuesday of each month beginning July 7 at 6 PM. For more information, contact Jacob King at 419-860-0168 or King.J@RhodesState.edu.
Low Vision Coalition of Allen County
Since being organized in 2017, the Low Vision Coalition of Allen County has been actively promoting activities, organizing events and sharing information that improves the lives of people who are blind or visually impaired in Lima and throughout Allen County.
Coalition Mission Statement
Our mission is to enrich the lives of individuals with blindness or visual impairments in Allen County. We will empower independence and promote awareness so that Allen County residents with low vision or no vision can continue to work, play, learn, & live in their communities.
Events & Activities
- Monthly meetings
- Blind bowling
- Educational workshops
- Social outings
In The News
- Low Vision Coalition Members Take Their Safety Into Their Own Hands
- Low Vision of Allen County Presents “Empowering Your Employment”
- Bowling for the Blind and Visually Impaired
Useful Links & Resources
- The Sight Center of Northwest Ohio
- Allen County Council on Aging
- Allen County Veteran Services Commission
- Area Agency on Aging District 3
- Goodwill/Easter SealsContact the Low Vision Coalition
Call or email our officers or submit your comment using the form below: