Instead of trying to force one of those annoying online fundraisers onto your calendar during this awkward year of social distancing, we are simply NOT inviting you to attend The NON-Event. To NOT attend, simply CLICK THIS LINK and DON’T buy a ticket. Instead, make a donation and do something fun with the time you saved!
Your donation will help The Sight Center provide individualized services for people who fall through the cracks as well as support for the many other functions that advance our unique mission. Examples include:
- Children who need services beyond what the school district is required to provide. This frequently occurs during summer months when school is not in session.
- Veterans whose vision loss is not severe enough to qualify for VA low vision services.
- Older adults on a fixed income who need assistance to purchase a useful low vision device that is simply out of their price range.
- Working age adults who are not currently seeking employment. This often includes those who temporarily leave the workforce to adjust to the new reality of their vision loss.
- Clients seeking services that go beyond vision rehabilitation, such as support during a student’s IEP meetings, advice about vision issues, or emergency transportation to or from an appointment or activity.
Other Mission-Critical Activities
- Investing in equipment, services and supplies that keep clients, staff and guests healthy and safe
- Establishing and maintaining satellite clinics to serve clients closer to home
- Collaborating with community partners for system-wide solutions
- Maintaining an accessible website and informative social media presence
- Building local coalitions of people living with vision loss
- Maintaining recognized standards of excellence through staff development and an ongoing commitment to national accreditation
- Increasing community awareness of relevant issues and services through publications, group presentations and media relations
- Providing continuing education opportunities to eyecare professionals
- Hosting support groups and organizing experiential activities
- Marketing low vision services to target audiences throughout our extensive service area
- Advocating at state and local levels on behalf of people who live with vision loss
- Recruiting, training and managing volunteers to expand our organizational capacity
Questions? Contact Tim Tegge at 419-720-3937 x105 or email@example.com.