Join Our Team
Would you like to be part of an awesome team doing great work in the community? If so, check out the following career opportunities:
The Sight Center is looking for that special person to fill our Development Coordinator position as we begin to celebrate our 100th year! This position would plan, organize and coordinate development and outreach activities throughout our extensive service area.
- Coordinates development and outreach opportunities for Executive Director to engage, inspire and educate the community.
- Assists with establishing long and short-term development goals.
- Oversees all development functions including but not limited to donation solicitation, major gifts, special events, capital campaigns and planned-giving.
- Oversees the creation of print and digital materials needed to achieve development goals, including annual reports, appeals, event flyers, sponsorship packets, and special purpose brochures.
- Develops and monitors annual budget for development efforts.
- Administers, develops and maintains donor database and mailing lists.
- Oversees donor recognition and acknowledgement processes.
- Responsible for providing a written development update for Board of Trustees.
- Serves as the staff liaison to appropriate committees of the board and attends additional committee meetings as needed.
- Assists with development-related website updates and social media content.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Scope of Responsibility
- Knows the formal and informal team goals, standards, policies and procedures which may include familiarity with other agency teams. Is sensitive to the interrelationship of both people and functions within the team.
- On a regular and continuous basis, exercises administrative judgment and assumes responsibility for decisions, consequences and results having an impact on people, costs, and/or quality of service within the functional area.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Three to five years of progressively responsible development
- Able to work cooperatively with the team and independently focus on goals and objectives.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to use a computer to enter, retrieve and process data, including proficiency with Microsoft Office products.
- Must have excellent writing, editing and public speaking skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills – must be able to explain The Sight Center service policies and procedures and communicate in situations requiring sensitivity and tact. Work is generally performed in an office environment in which there is only minimal exposure to unpleasant working conditions. Work may also be performed from the home.
Questions? Call Executive Director Tim Tegge at 419-720-3937 or email email@example.com.
Resumes can be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org