A Proclamation – 1984
The Board of Trustees of The Sight Center of Northwest Ohio, having determined that those persons who unselfishly serve the blind community should be publicly acclaimed
for their services, creates herewith an award, to be known as the John Goerlich Distinguished Service Award, which shall be given annually to the candidate deemed most fitting
in the Board’s judgment to receive it. The criteria for the nomination is as follows:
- Person who has provided service for, or opportunity to improve the well being of blind individuals, or who have made significant contributions to the cause of sight preservation.
- Need not be living at the time his or her name is submitted for consideration, but service performed or contribution made should not have occurred longer than five years
preceding the nomination.
- The Trustees in their choice of a recipient will give special weight to nominees who have performed volunteer services on behalf of the blind community; who have performed
unusual or continuing service to the Sight Center; or who have made significant financial or tangible contributions to the Sight Center.
- Nominations are not restricted to persons residing in the Sight Center’s 16-county service area of northwest Ohio.
If you are interested in nominating someone for this award please forward your nominations including your thoughts on why the board should consider this person to be a
recipient of this award to: Dawn Christensen, Executive Director of The Sight Center of Northwest Ohio, no later than June 15. We look forward to hearing from you so that we
may continue the tradition of granting this distinguished award.
John Goerlich Distinguished Service Award Recipients
- 1984 John Goerlich
- 1985 Thomas R. Day
- 1986 Frank J. Lennger
- 1987 Alice N. Levey
- 1988 Ann Brita Page
- 1989 Nancy Burton
- 1990 William A. Marti
- 1991 Jackson Fly & Jackie Sobecki
- 1992 Louis P. Ellen, O.D.
- 1993 Jack W. Schaffer
- 1994 Richard Pasquinelli
- 1995 Dr. Douglas V. Austin
- 1996 Dr. Ruth Lindecker
- 1997 Not Awarded
- 1998 Irland L. Tashima
- 1999 James C. Hackley
- 2000 Not Awarded
- 2001 J. Gregory Rosenthal, M.D.
- 2002 Madge Levinson
- 2003 Bruce Douglas
- 2004 Not Awarded
- 2005 Robert V. Sterling, Esq.
- 2006 Not Awarded
- 2007 Dick Anderson
- 2008 Larry B. Dillin
- 2009 John W. Davies, Jr.
- 2010 Richard A. Moore
- 2011 Tom Zraik
- 2012 James T. Collins
- 2013 Cynthia Roepke, CFP
- 2014 Robert Goulding, O.D.
- 2015 Not Awarded
- 2016 Suzi Hahn & Sandy Alexander
- 2017 Jennifer Scroggs